About

Yuan-Jen Chiang, Professor of Mathematics at UMW,  she was a recipient of a Waple Professorship in 2016-2018. She earned her Ph.D. (advisor: Professor Joseph H. Sampson) and M. A. from the Johns Hopkins University in 1989 and in 1985, and a B.S. from National Taiwan Normal University (in Taipei)  in 1979. She visited Department of Mathematics, University of North Carolina at Chapel-Hill in 2001 while she was on a sabbatical leave at UMW.

She started her teaching at UMW in 1989, and has taught a variety of courses including Math 471, 472-Real Analysis I, II, Math 441-Topology, Math 412-Complex Variables, Math 312-Differential Equations, etc.  She has directed independent studies for many students in Math 491 and 492 including 12 topics/subjects, which lead to students’ research and honor theses. She has been a reviewer of Mathematical Reviews (published by American Mathematical Society) since 1991, and has written reviews over 120 research papers.  here.

About — 1 Comment

1. Hello Admin,

YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS for your: umwblogs.org

My name is Diego Rehfisch, and I’m a Web Traffic Specialist. I can get:
    – visitors from search engines
    – visitors from social media
    – visitors from any country you want
    – very low bounce rate & long visit duration

CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST => https://bit.ly/3gqLEoE

Do not forget to read Review to convince you, is already being tested by many people who have trusted it !!

About | Home of Y. Jen Chiang